Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Gameday #32 vs. Giants

Giants (14-18) at Pirates (12-19)
7:05--PNC Park, Pittsburgh
Jonathan Sanchez (2-1, 3.48) vs. Zach Duke (0-2, 4.79)
[GameTrax]
----
As I've said a bunch lately, we need this series. It gets a lot tougher after these 3 games.

Both of these starters did not pitch well last time against tonight's opponent. Sanchez (who has been very impressive so far this year) gave up 4 runs without getting anyone out last August against the Bucs (in relief). Duke, I vividly remember (in a game I attended) gave up two bombs to Barry Bonds and was knocked out of a game against the Giants in, oh, maybe the third inning.
POSITIVES:
The Giants don't have Bonds anymore.
Duke was good last time out (albeit vs. the Nationals)
We're at home. Yay.
-----
Interesting lineup move tonight by Russell--Freddy will lead off (despite a .222 AVG and .250 OBP??) and McLouth will hit second.
Gomez is at short and Doumit is catching (batting cleanup).
--
The Giants dumped Rajai Davis earlier this year. Former Bucco Jose Castillo is in the lineup, though, playing 3rd, hitting 7th. He's batting .239 with one dinger.
-------
PREDICTIONS
Me: I really hope I'm wrong, but things just aren't going our way right now. PIRATES LOSE
Ev: Pirates win--Nady gets even hotter and adds 3 RBI's to the league lead.
Jesse (Bold!): Sanchez strikes out 15 and Bucs lose a tight one.
Dan: San Fran sucks and the Bucs win.

0 comments:

Post a Comment