Sunday, June 8, 2008

Game 63 Recap--Pirates 6 Diamondbacks 4

-------
To be honest, I didn't really see any of this one beyond the top of the first. I'm piecing together from what I can gather using [this recap].
----
Phil was solid. He only went 5.2 but just gave up 2 runs and exited with a lead. The bullpen did some seriously nifty mixing and matching, giving up 2 runs but preserving the advantage. That includes....
with his 14th save.
------
The offense came pretty much all in the 4th (5 runs). No real fireworks, just some singles and doubles nicely strung together--knocking Doug Davis from the game. Jack and Bay had 2 RBI apiece. LaRoche was 3/4.
---------
Mark Reynolds went deep twice for the Snakes.
----
Strangely, Jason Michaels was ejected for arguing STRIKE ONE on a 2-0 pitch. (The first Bucco ejection of the year!) Eye Chart replaced him, playing the OF for only the 6th time in his career.

0 comments:

Post a Comment