Friday, August 15, 2008

GameDay #122 vs. Mets

Mets (65-56) at Pirates (55-66)
7:05--PNC Park, Pittsburgh
Mike Pelfrey (10-8, 4.11) vs. Jason Davis (1-1, 1.38)
[Preview]
-----------
Skyblast #2 tonight (I think it's called Second Strike). The REO Speedwagon thing went well last night, sort of. The stadium was apparently 1/4 full for the first pitch, but packed for the postgame concert. Tonight's victim is Collective Soul. Yippee.
-
The Mets are coming off a sweep of the lowly Nats to move into 1st place. Before that, they lost to us. Their bullpen is, well, struggling.
-
Davis went 6 innings with no earned runs is first time out, but threw away a bunt turning a sac into a triple--leading to a Bucco loss. He's pitched well, actually, but who knows how long that will keep up.
-
The big news, though, is Alvarez. I'm writing this in the morning so I still have nothing more to tell you. Whatever happens with him today is much bigger than what happens on the field tonight at PNC. That pertains to Bucs/Mets AND Collective Soul.
-
[Box]

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe that tonight's game was a sellout... at least that's what they said on the radio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was definitely just because of the Skyblast/Collective Soul. It's always a big deal but I've never actually been to one.

    ReplyDelete