Friday, September 5, 2008

GameDay #140 at Giants

Pirates (59-80) at Giants (60-79)
10:15--AT&T Park, San Francisco
Zach Duke (4-13, 5.14) vs. Kevin Correia (3-7, 5.35)
[Preview]
--------------
What to say about this game? 10:15 at night, not on TV, two last place teams and not a very intriguing pitching matchup. The Giants don't even have Barry Bonds to keep us interested.
-
Zach Duke: the man just does not win baseball games. STILL no victories since June 9 (14 starts)--although one of those was against the Giants and he actually pitched well last time out against the offensively-potent Cubs.
-
I know absolutely nothing about Kevin Correia--or most of the Giants for that matter--except that they aren't good. Apparently one of their September callups, 37 year old 1B Scott McClain is setting the world on fire.
-
The Pirates swept the Giants at PNC Park earlier this year, have won 6 in a row at San Francisco, and are 13-2 against the Giants over the past few years.

1 comment:

  1. Duke looking great right now. I was wondering if you wanted to trade entrecard advertisements. I can advertise on your consistently and if you do the same for me I think we can help increase our readership. Thanks,

    Wes

    ReplyDelete