By now I'm sure you know about the crazy effect rain is having on this World Series. [Bud Selig narrowly escaped another epic screw-up] when Carlos Pena singled home BJ Upton to tie the game in the 6th inning. Had that not happen, we'd be looking at a serious problem. All the "what ifs" are starting to come out and Selig is (not surpisingly) garnering plenty of criticism.
-
Some links from the Pirates Hompage:
[Pedro Alvarez "as advertised" in the instructional league]
[Jim Benedict hired as assistant to the GM]
[Mailbag Q+A]
-
The Green Weenie takes a long, detailed look at [Phil Dumatrait] and [Chris Duffy]
-
Yoslan Herrera and Marino Salas were taken off the 40-man roster a few days ago. [Yawn]
-
If you're mighty bored with the lack of all this news, start joining in the conversation at the [PBC Blog]. A devoted group of commentors post here virtually nonstop all day about the Bucs and whatever else they can think of--they've named themselves "inmates of the asylum." Since they're kind enough to link here every day (as part of the "Morning Links" Dejan did during the season) I figured I'd give them a shout-out. They have get-togethers, too, and are planning an informal meeting at Primanti's that Frank Coonely will be attending, just 'cause he's a great guy. If you want to attend, though, you better make it known who you are over there. I'm sure you'll be welcomed into the "asylum."
-
Some links from the Pirates Hompage:
[Pedro Alvarez "as advertised" in the instructional league]
[Jim Benedict hired as assistant to the GM]
[Mailbag Q+A]
-
The Green Weenie takes a long, detailed look at [Phil Dumatrait] and [Chris Duffy]
-
Yoslan Herrera and Marino Salas were taken off the 40-man roster a few days ago. [Yawn]
-
If you're mighty bored with the lack of all this news, start joining in the conversation at the [PBC Blog]. A devoted group of commentors post here virtually nonstop all day about the Bucs and whatever else they can think of--they've named themselves "inmates of the asylum." Since they're kind enough to link here every day (as part of the "Morning Links" Dejan did during the season) I figured I'd give them a shout-out. They have get-togethers, too, and are planning an informal meeting at Primanti's that Frank Coonely will be attending, just 'cause he's a great guy. If you want to attend, though, you better make it known who you are over there. I'm sure you'll be welcomed into the "asylum."

